Sebatron vmp-4000e Description:
This is the latest model (just arrived from Australia). The Sebatron vmp-4000enow features switchable voltage (115v or 220v) and has a solid black on/off power button (replacing the toggle switch that was on the previous models).
The ‘ VMP series ‘of preamps from Sebatron center around one of the most unique and flexible preamp circuits ever designed.
The circuit is TOTALLY DISCRETE CLASS A…. meaning the audio signal remains as one and unsplit throughout its trajectory ….from audio input transformer to valve to solid state output buffer.
Variable negative voltage feedback around the first gain stage , controlled by the pad switch , is one of the keys to the VMPs flexibility . This switch when carefully used can drive the unit into a whole spectrum of colours.The single 12AT7 vacuum tube per channel is run on approximately +300 VDC on the Anodes…. and derived from a power supply rail as high as +450 VDC.
A passive Equalization network allows the user to control frequencies usually outside conventional E.Q points ,, which thus allow many different mics and sources to be matched up in sonics and performance ,, without the problems of noise and phase error.
The Phase switch also affects the D.I input signal ,, and silent phantom allocation circuitry makes it safe to switch condenser mics in and out of the signal chain with ease.
The solid state TOTALLY DISCRETE CLASS A output buffer reacts to transient detail and bandwidth far better than any output transformer…. one of the keys to the secret of the VMP flexibility.The active impedance converting components are run on another voltage rail derived from the power supply.
The XLR inputs are all fully balanced , .. and the unbalanced output on the back can be used as a TRS balanced output as well.
30-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Applies On This Item - Buy it, and if it isn't just right for you, return it!
- Shielded by a full metal case the VMP range of preamps are the TONE OF SOUL.
- Four Matched valve driven pre-amps running on proper high tension voltage.
- Nine recallable quality EQ settings on each channel for extended mike matching.
- Switchable phantom power for each chanel (…with indicator…)
- Three-way pad/colouration control for increased versatility and dynamic control.
- Transformer coupled input for organic richness.
- Balanced and unbalanced input and outputs for pro quality sound
Plus, a 3 YEAR Factory Warranty!