Mon-Sat, 8am-6pm PST
3 Zigma Audio
Samplitude & Sequoia
Rupert Neve Designs
Sebatron Mic Preamps
VIEW ALL BRANDS
Limited Time Offers
Empirical Labs Lil FrEQ Professional Mono EQ
A versatile EQ for all frequency contouring
Lil FrEQ Product Description
The EL-Q Lil FrEQ. Instead of daisy chaining EQ's and frequency processors, we tried to cram most of what an Engineer needs into one single-height box, while offering the highest performance of any design we know of.
The EQ Sections
– The High Pass section is a sharp filter that cuts all content below one of eight pre-selected frequencies. We call this particular filter a “colored” filter since it is very steep and has a special shape that prevents thinning out frequencies just above the “cutoff” frequency. The corner frequency is indicated by LEDs that glow softly when the section is bypassed, and brightly when the section is engaged. As with all the EQ sections in the Lil FrEQ, there is a dedicated bypass switch.
High and Low Shelving
– These are very similar to your standard “Tone Controls”, but extremely high performance, providing exceptionally smooth boost and cut on the “bass” and “treble” frequencies.
Parametric EQ Sections
– There are four sections of fully parametric EQ… possibly the cleanest parametric EQ section ever produced- operating below .0007% THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) at extremely high audio levels. Try finding those specs anywhere else!
Dynamic EQ Section
– The DS section combines filters with a compressor-like circuit that can help contain and control excessive high frequency content such as sibilants, especially in the absence of other lower frequency content. There are two modes of operation, with threshold control as well as a frequency select control. There are four LEDs that indicate the amount of Gain Reduction: -1.5dB, -8dB, -14dB, -24dB. The DS section provides the highest performance, easiest to use, and most natural De-esser ever built, as well as a one of a kind, soft knee High Frequency Limiter. You will love it!
* Freq. Response 5 Hz to 140 kHz on transformerless inputs and outputs.
Transformer Output response is 10 Hz to 110 kHz.
* Dynamic Range 120 dB from maximum output (.1% clipping) to minimum output. Greater than 110 dB signal to noise.
* Distortion Ranges between .00056% and .005% depending on mode and settings. DS section has THD < .005%.
* DC coupled Input and Outputs and one transformer coupled Output High quality audio caps used internally.
* Dynamic Time Constants Attack is approximately .5 mS. Release .04 sec, fixed internally.
For the complete list of
, enter your name and email address below.
RME Fireface UFX+ 188-Channel USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt Interface
Online Payment System
Copyright © 2002-2018 Pro Audio Toys. All rights reserved.