The BAE 1028 is completely
hand-wired using Carnhill (St. Ives) transformers. It has the exact same
mic/line preamp as the 1073, but with significantly more frequencies in
the mid and hi sections. Aside from simply offering more frequency
settings to play with, these expanded eq sections also allow you to play
the mid bell curve directly against the high and low shelves where they
overlap. This capability opens the tone shaping possibilities in very
interesting and musical ways. The 1028 includes the same low pass filter
as the 1084, giving it 28 frequencies.
- High Frequency: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 10kHz,12kHz, 16kHz, 20kHz and 24kHz
- Low Frequency: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz.
- Mid Range: +/-12dB or +/-18dB peaking with switchable selectable
centre frequencies of 160Hz, 270Hz, 360Hz, 510Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz,
4.8kHz, 7.2kHz, 8.2kHz, 10kHz.
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz & 360Hz.
- Low Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz, & 18kHz.
- EQ Button: Switches the equaliser on or off
- Phase Button: 180º